Hermosa Beach Camps
What Would You Like to Learn Today?
Starting at Age 5, our Hermosa Beach Camp is designed to be the perfect introduction to the beach for our younger campers. Our curriculum and activities were designed by local elementary school teachers to be inclusive and educational. Campers will be assigned to a Coach each day based on age and will experience a variety of different activities, games, and educational lessons throughout the week that are designed specifically for their age group.
When is it?
June 25th - August 24th
9AM-12PM or 9AM-2PM
Who Can Join?
Ages 4 to 15
No former ocean experience required
Become a BeachSports Coach or “Coach In Training”! Click here to learn more.
- Coach Ratio in Water: 1:3
- Coach Ratio on Beach: 1:6
- All Coaches: CPR & First-Aid Certified and Background Checked
- Location: Camp is setup next to a staffed LA County Lifeguard station. Coaches and Lifeguards communicate daily about ocean conditions and coaches always defer to lifeguards on safety matters.
- Rashguards: All campers receive brightly colored SPF rashguards so they are easily identified by coaches and lifeguards.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen reapplication breaks are scheduled multiple times throughout the day. Shade tents are provided on the beach for all day campers to escape sun exposure.
- Age Appropriate & Inclusive Beach Games
- Ocean Safety Lessons (Rip tides, currents, waves, etc.)
- Boogie Boarding & Body Surfing
- Beginner Surf Instruction (1:1 Coach to Camper ratio)
- Beach Volleyball
- Ecology Lessons (ex. Our impact on the beaches and oceans)
- Meet the Lifeguards
Ready For Summer?
*Registration for our Hermosa Beach Camp opens May 1st
All Season Pass
Attend BeachSports all Summer long and save big!
Looking for individual days of Camp or 9AM-5PM schedules?
Registration for our Hermosa Beach Camp is run through the the City of Hermosa Beach, which limits our scheduling flexibility and Camp options. If you’re looking to enroll in individual days of camp, want to experience different Camp activities, such as surfing and Jr. Lifeguard programs, or need the option to attend from 9AM-5PM, please check out our Manhattan Beach & Redondo Beach locations.